On Thursday March 29th, 2018, Rousso Aesthetic Medical Spa is hosting our Spring Into Great Skin event from 8:30 a.m.
Dr. Austin S. Adams
Dr. Austin S. Adams is a board-certified head and neck surgeon specializing in facial plastic and reconstructive surgery. He is an active member of the American Academy of Otolaryngology and the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. After completing his residency training at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, TN, Dr. Adams moved to Birmingham, AL, to work under Dr. Rousso and spend one year dedicated to cosmetic and reconstructive facial plastic surgery.
Dr. Adams completed his one-year, focused fellowship under the auspices of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, and is honored to have been chosen by Dr. Daniel Rousso to join him in practice and continue providing the highest quality of care for all patients.
Dr. Adams offers his patients the full spectrum of cosmetic facial plastic surgery, including the most advanced and up-to-date in-office treatments and surgical techniques. His practice primarily focuses on facial rejuvenation of the eyes, face, and neck while also specializing in both functional and cosmetic rhinoplasty (nose surgery). Dr. Adams has significant interest in reconstructive procedures of the face, neck, and scalp as well as hair restoration surgery for both men and women. In addition, Dr. Adams is well versed in all neuromodulators and dermal fillers utilizing techniques that lead to beautifully natural results.
Training, Credentials, and Awards
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) at Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge, Louisiana (2004-2008)
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) at Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, Louisiana (2008-2012)
- Residency in Otolaryngology—Head and Neck Surgery at Vanderbilt University Medical Center, in Nashville, Tennessee (2012-2017)
- Fellowship in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery—Rousso Facial Plastic Surgery, Birmingham, Alabama (2017-2018)
- Board Certification—American Board of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Basic Life Support
Awards and Honors
- Member—Gold Humanism Honor Society, the Arnold P. Gold Foundation for Humanism in Medicine
- Member—Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- Harold G. Tabb Award in Otolaryngology
Dr. Adams has participated in clinical research and has been successful in producing several publications, including journal articles and book chapters during his studies and training. He has been published in the Annals of Plastic Surgery, Forum of Allergy and Rhinology, and the American Journal of Rhinology and Allergy.
Dr. Adams is married with two small children, a boy and a girl. He enjoys hunting, fishing, playing golf, and spending time with his family.
Our fellowship program, under Dr. Rousso’s direction, affords many patients the opportunity for cosmetic surgery who otherwise could not afford to have it performed. If you are interested in learning more about our Fellowship program please call our office. 205.930.9595