Juvederm is a brand known for producing some of the best injectable dermal fillers to reverse the signs of aging by filling out wrinkles adding volume to your cheeks. At Rousso Facial Plastic Surgery Clinic, we carefully discuss your aesthetic goals to personalize the ideal Juvederm treatment for your specific needs.
What is Juvederm?
Juvederm is a family of injectable hyaluronic acid dermal fillers that address the patients’ specific aesthetic needs, whether that’s enhancing the lips, adding volume to the cheeks, filling out wrinkles, or making the skin appear soft and supple. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally-occurring and biodegradable gel that adds to your skin’s elasticity, making it look fresh, taut, and voluminous. Juvederm fillers supplement your skin’s existing hyaluronic acid content to reverse some of the signs of aging, such as skin laxity, hollows under the eyes, hollow cheeks, wrinkles, etc. Juvederm dermal fillers have a smooth consistency, and they include the local anesthetic lidocaine, which ensures a comfortable and painless experience.
What are my options with Juvederm?
Juvederm is a family of several hyaluronic acid dermal fillers with slight compositional variations for different purposes. The following is a brief overview of your Juvederm treatment options.
- Juvederm Voluma XC: Used to instantly add volume to the patients’ cheeks, restoring facial contours and volume. It’s popular amongst older patients who want to restore volume to the midface region. The results last up to 2 years.
- Juvederm Volbella: This is a thinner hyaluronic acid filler used for subtle lip enhancements. It fills the lip lines to make them look voluptuous, without making them look puffy. The results last up to 12 months.
- Juvederm Vollure: This is a concentrated hyaluronic acid filler used to treat moderate to severe fine lines and wrinkles, such as crow’s feet, nasolabial folds, marionette lines, forehead lines, etc. The results last up to 18 months.
- Juvederm Ultra Plus: A thicker dermal filler used to correct thicker wrinkles, folds, and lines. It can also be used for a liquid lift procedure.
What does Juvederm treat?
- Thin lips
- Lip lines
- Hollow cheeks
- Hollows under the eyes
- Facial wrinkles and fine lines
- Nasolabial folds
What happens during the Juvederm procedure?
During your consultation, we will examine your skin type and discuss your aesthetic goals. Based on the consultation, your cosmetic professional will mark the targeted areas with a pen. It’s crucial to find a registered nurse or master esthetician who carefully and strategically identifies the treatment spots to ensure optimal aesthetic results. Finally, the chosen Juvederm product is injected into the targeted regions, and then massaged to ensure perfect distribution. There’s no need for local anesthesia because Juvederm products include lidocaine, a powerful anesthetic component.
What is recovery from Juvederm like?
Juvederm treatments usually take between 15 minutes to 60 minutes, depending on the number of injections necessary. After the injections, you’ll experience some swelling, tenderness, redness, and itching around the treated regions. However, these side effects will gradually recede within two weeks.
There’s no downtime, and you can resume most of your daily activities immediately. You will be asked to avoid sun exposure and makeup for at least 24 hours after the treatment. You’ll notice the treatment results immediately, but the results will continue improving over several weeks. The overall results will last between 6 months to 24 months, depending on the Juvederm product.
Why choose Rousso Facial Plastic Surgery Clinic for Juvederm?
Rousso Facial Plastic Surgery Clinic is the ideal plastic surgery clinic for Juvederm treatments because we have two of the most experienced board-certified plastic surgeons in Birmingham, AL — Dr. Daniel Rousso and Dr. Austin Adams. They patiently and carefully examine your skin type and discuss your goals to personalize each dermal filler treatment to your specific needs for optimal results.