"When patients show me their Facebook and Instagram photos after treatment, I see a new spirit of confidence in them. That’s why I do, what I do."
Dr. Austin S. Adams is double board-certified in facial plastic surgery and otolaryngology-head and neck surgery, making him an expert in facial anatomy. He is an active member of the American Academy of Otolaryngology, the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, and the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery. After completing his residency training at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, TN, Dr. Adams moved to Birmingham, AL, to complete a fellowship in cosmetic and reconstructive facial plastic surgery under Dr. Rousso. This focused fellowship was completed under the auspices of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
Dr. Adams offers his patients the full spectrum of cosmetic facial plastic surgery, including the most advanced and up-to-date in-office treatments and surgical techniques. His practice primarily focuses on facial rejuvenation of the eyes, face, and neck while also specializing in both functional and cosmetic rhinoplasty (nose surgery). Dr. Adams has significant interest in reconstructive procedures of the face, neck, and scalp as well as hair restoration surgery for both men and women. In addition, Dr. Adams is well versed in all neuromodulators and dermal fillers utilizing techniques that lead to beautifully natural results.
Training, Credentials, and Awards
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) at Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge, Louisiana (2004-2008)
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) at Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, Louisiana (2008-2012)
- Residency in Otolaryngology—Head and Neck Surgery at Vanderbilt University Medical Center, in Nashville, Tennessee (2012-2017)
- Fellowship in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery—Rousso Adams Facial Plastic Surgery, Birmingham, Alabama (2017-2018)
- Board Certification-American Board of Facial and Reconstructive Surgery
- Board Certification - American Board of Otolaryngology-Head, Neck and Facial Surgery
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Basic Life Support
Awards and Honors
- Member—Gold Humanism Honor Society, the Arnold P. Gold Foundation for Humanism in Medicine
- Member—Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- Harold G. Tabb Award in Otolaryngology
Dr. Adams has participated in clinical research and has been successful in producing several publications, including journal articles and book chapters during his studies and training. He has been published in the Annals of Plastic Surgery, Forum of Allergy and Rhinology, and the American Journal of Rhinology and Allergy.
Dr. Adams is married with two small children, a boy and a girl. He enjoys hunting, fishing, playing golf, and spending time with his family.